Two of us

The only time I could imagine it was when I was young and naive.
Because when your textbook is a tall tale, anything could happen to you.
And someday my true love was going to sweep in and make me happier than a cat with yarn. 
I thought we would be in the mountains with the stars burning so bright.
As if they were shining for their last night and in the morning they'd be dead.
And the city lights would be even better, they twinkle below as if bowing down to the great teenagers in love. 
As if a child believes the world cares for the in love. 
All the worlds wonders would stop for a moment, taking in what was happening on the hill.
Of course people would gasp and applaud, and I wouldn't give a care in the world.
We would continue on with the moment as if we were the only people living on the planet- in the universe- in all existence. 
And we would kiss, and all would be perfect.
And as a child that sounds right.
But after it happens, and the whole hype of being in love is over, you regret it, just like everyone said you would. 
The world only cares about the heart break- it's the best part of the story.
And after the story is told people throw their 2 cents at you.
Hitting you with coins promising they're pure copper, but are made from intelligence only created months ago. 
But that two cents seems to mean more to me than the genuine pennies of 1959.
No matter how many times you said,
"He's the one for me"
You realize now he was a douche from the very start of it all.
Because what kind of person kisses a girl at missionary camp. 
But I was naive and I thought what we had was love. 
And love changed to lust and that was the end. 
But it never was love, just a bootycall.
And I didn't realize it.
But once I did, aw man.  
You didn't mean anything anymore.
I didn't want anything to do with you.
Friends are better than enemies, but with you, I'm starting to think twice about that. 

Because you were my first love and I was so 
dumb.

And if you ever stumble upon this I will feel so dumb again. 
But I don't think you will as your far too smart for a class like this.
It's not AP and won't qualify you for regents, so don't waste your time unburdening your soul in the healthiest way possible. 

You in your AP classes.
Take those in college.
And don't tell me you slept through an entire class.
And still got a 3 on the test.

You treat me like I'm cheap.
I'm not just a 7/11 slurpee.
And today's definitely not my free day.
Don't you dare, treat me like that, 
And act like you don't see it.
Because I do.
And a girl remembers things more clearly.

Maybe I'm too fresh out of the fire to understand reasonably.
All I know is that I broke my nonswearing streak for you... jack ass. 

I see it when people feel higher up than me.
Get off your high horse and face me like a man. 
But you never could.
I guess that's why things ended with a text. 
And to be honest....


I've never felt more free




    

Comments

  1. "The world only cares about the heart break- it's the best part of the story." This was so good. So good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts