My man

I made a list of all the things I like about you. I was very careful to write like in case you ever found it. I didn't want to give you the wrong idea and make you think I felt different than I did. Even though writing love would have been more accurate.

I can't pin point the time I finally knew I loved you. The time I realized you were the air in my lungs and the skip in my step. You made me feel infinite and you made me feel like freedom. Kissing you was like jumping into the air and never touching the ground. You were the wind beneath my wings, yet somehow you flew right next to me.

Though I can't tell you when it happened, I can tell you I never want to go back on the feelings I felt.

Some days I would stress and worry and I wouldn't know for sure. I'd feel heavy in my heart and wonder what it meant. I couldn't breath cause my lungs got too tight, but it was because I wasn't getting enough oxygen at once. I blamed somethings I shouldn't have on you, yet I continued to ignore the feelings. I pushed through the sometimes suffocating doubt and I decided, I made a decision, to love you and never stop loving you.

And once I figured out some problems in my life and realized the  suffocation was more from the ever changing winds of time than specifically to you, I was grateful for my decision. It didn't stop me from trying to find out if you were the actual one for me. Even though I promised to never stop loving you, I wanted to make sure that I could be the one that makes you happy in your life.

I prayed to know if I could be the one that made you happy, that could give you the fullest happiness out of your life. And I felt that I could. I felt that we, together, could make a life worth living. One with laughter and security. And I still believe that. Together we can have adventures and we can live through good times or bad. Together anything can come upon us, and we can take it. I know that through anything this world gives us. We can survive it, and be stronger because of it.

Our life has not been easy, but we have been able to grow stronger together because of it. Our trials and temptations can be overwhelmingly suffocating and all encompassing. They do not, however, define us. They do not stamp a label over our souls as unreachable or unable to change. It is because of our trials that we have the ability to become better than before. We make mistakes and learn from them. That is the only healthy way of accepting our trials is learning from them. If we do not, we suffered in vain.

I have learned that there is really only two ways of life, the first, finding joy and happiness or allowing anger to corrupt us. With Matt, the life I lead is a happy one.  We find mini adventures and endure through things together and I think that is the way to have the happiest life. Sticking together through it all.

Matt is my man. He is my main motivation and what keeps me breathing thick air. He is compassionate and kind and adventurous and playful and smart and hardworking and innovative and dedicated and loving and Patient and 100 % devoted and he is more than I could have ever imagined my man to be. He is the man I am engaged to. And soon, he will be my husband. My man will be by my side for eternity and that is the greatest joy to have.

Comments

Popular Posts