Life Changing News

Sooo... Matt and I have decided that we wanted to become parents and that we would start trying! Well, we tried in September with no luck, but I had only been off of birth control for a little bit, so we weren't too sad, we knew it'd take time. I downloaded an app that tracks my periods and says when I'm ovulating. Then I took a pregnancy test when I had missed my period on Sunday October 28th, and it was negative. But I thought for sure it was going to work this time, so I've been in a kind of sad funk lately.

Well, after doing some research, I decided I just needed to wait a little bit longer until I took the test, that maybe I still had a chance. Today, I haven't been able to get pregnancy off my mind, it came up all the time both in my brain and in conversation. So finally I had to take a pregnancy test and...
IT WAS POSITIVE! 

I barely even wiped the pee off my bottom before I started realizing that a second veeerrry faint line was peaking through, so I ran out to Matt and I could not contain my excitement. As we stared at it, the line became darker and darker and I am almost positive this is REAL! AHHH!

I have a BABY growing inside of me!! I need to make a doctors appointment with a OBGYN to get my blood tested and see if it's the real deal, but for now I am so elated! I can hardly contain my feelings. I just wanted to stare and stare to make sure that there really were two lines I was seeing. I have mixed feelings because I know how very fragile this is. Something could happen at anytime, I am so so early on in the pregnancy. And who even knows if the test was accurate! And if something happens, I am going to be absolutely CRUSHED!

But I am going to rejoice for now! I have someone that is growing inside of me! My life-long dream is coming true!!!! I really get to be someones mom! I feel like my entire life has been preparing me for this moment. I am so nervous about what is to come, but I have so much excitement in me. I want to be nurturing and caring and a support for this baby. I am going to give them my entire life, because they will be my most precious part of life! I can't stop thinking it- I'M GOING TO BE A MOM!! In 8.5 months! I am so excited to see how this pregnancy journey goes, don't get me wrong. But part of me just wants to skip to the finish line where I get to love on my newborn. Thank you Heavenly Father. You have granted me the greatest gift. I am so grateful and humbled. I am so blessed.

Comments

Popular Posts