Home

The basement was filled with monsters.
My head was in the clouds.
And you, I thought about you like the dark thinks of the light.
Frightened, unsure, and positive that it would get out shone.

We all get told the goal is to make it home.
Home.
Dorothy got caught up in a tornado and all she wanted was to be Home.
I got told to follow the yellow brick road so I did.
I stayed on the path till I found people wanting to come with me.

My scarecrow turned out to be a girl.
She knew so much even though she pretended not to.
She "played it cool" even though she admitted she wasn't like the rest of them.
I thought she would be my best friend and I told her how she was smart.
I think she learned I wasn't the same smart and she couldn't help me home.

Tin man was genuine, loving, and kind.
He treated us all like we had something extremely important to say.
He gave me his time and Loved with his whole heart.
But he believed the people who said he didn't have one.
So although he didn't quite help me Home, he made it.

Now the Lion was charming, brave, always there.
He helped me fight my battles, and I fell in love.
I fell in love with the Lion and I thought the Lion with me.
He told me I was important, but I knew she was even more.
So he followed me to the Emerald city, even though He would never be my Home.

When I met with the Wizard, I thought he'd give me another path.
But he told me what I already knew about some rod and a tree.
I had been following the rod and the tree, but it started to seem unsure.
So I let go and wandered with the tree still in sight, and that's how I came upon the kind Witch of the North.
And the singing munchkins who told me to "Follow the Yellow Brick Road".
So there I was following the path to a place that told me I used to be on the right one.

I try each day to grab back hold. 
Cause if that's how I get home, I guess it's worth it.
That rod that once seemed so thick and so sure, was hidden in a fog and felt like pencil lead.
Believe me when I say, that once I grab hold again,
when I finally make it through the dark,
I won't ever let go again.

Because there are monsters in the dark.
And I haven't made it to the clouds yet.
But once I do, I'll make sure to give my heart to Tin man.
Because Home is where the heart is.
And I know wherever he is, that's Home.





Comments

Popular Posts