A letter to my Best friend

Dear Alex,


I decided I was going to pull an all nighter tonight so that I could work on homework, and you slept on the couch. If it was on accident oh well, because it just shows how supportive you are regardless. The other week when we both thought the other one was mad at the other was so silly. I love that I can be my complete and true self when I'm with you. I promised you I could never hate you and I mean that. Who else in this world defends me when boys say I have chicken legs. No one else in the world knows what it meant to me. I have never told anyone as much as I have told you. You know my deepest darkest secrets and you still love me. I can't express my love for you enough. You love me for who I am and I am so grateful. Some people judge me for who I am, you don't though and that's what I love. 


I didn't see you at all yesterday and I missed you a lot. I just constantly want to be around you. I adore your presence. I laugh my hardest when I'm joking around with you. "ALRIGHTY" may be the catch phrase of college and it is so fitting. I feel like what ever comes your way you're just so ready to say okay this happened, now let us move on! You have the most forgiving personality. You love and you laugh so easily and that's what I love about you.




The day of your 18th birthday will forever go down in history as one of my favorite days I've ever experienced. I spent the whole day with you and I feel like that's when we first realized that college was going to be okay. I really can't imagine how my year would be going differently if I hadn't roomed with you. Well actually I could, but I don't know if I like it at all. It seems lots less exciting and spontaneous. I probably wouldn't doorbell ditch fish off at boys we met on the cross walks doorsteps. I wouldn't have such raving dance parties or be able to make it to Spin class in the mornings. Cake in a mug at midnight would taste ten times worse and I wouldn't know what the best granola in the world tastes like. I wouldn't have a sleep over buddy and someone to make it so missing class seems alright. I wouldn't have someone I feel 100% comfortable with, and that's what I love about you.


I'm sorry I've gotten distracted with boys, but I'm glad I'm not tied up anymore. I know it's cheesy, but you're more important to me than any boy right now. I'm not saying that's how its ALWAYS going to be, but we discussed it, when we meet our husbands they'll be #1 and you'll be my #2. :) You're going to be my best woman at my wedding and how will that happen if you're far away? so that means I've got a while till my wedding day! You're going to be such a good missionary! You just radiate the light of Christ and truly love everyone like he asks. I can't wait to see the lives you influence while you're gone! You've already influenced so many here in Logan, I can only imagine how many more lay in store for you! You influence everyone you meet for the better and that's what I love about you. 


Really though, thank you for being my best friend and for letting me know when I'm acting stupid. You keep me leveled when I need it. You mean so much to me, and I feel like I don't share that with you enough! You are so beautiful and kind and responsible. You are one in a million Alex Andria. You have the sweetest laugh and the cutest smile. Your "RBF" can seem intimidating, but when people really get to know you, they realize that's never how you actually ever feel! 


You truly are one of the single most important people in my life. I know I can turn to you for anything. Thanks for being there for me ALWAYS. You're incredible that way. 

I don't know what I'll do when you're not there to steal all my blankets. But until then, I'll let you have em. I get too hot anyways. 

We fit together like Yogurt and Granola, or Peanut butter and Bananas. 



I love you sooo stinking much.







 And I'll forever have your back.


Thanks for being my Best Friend Alex Andria. I got lucky enough to live with you, and now I'm double lucky that I get you as my best friend. Thank you Health class and our favorite Mexican boy for creating this. Here's to the eternities. Like you said- We'll be together forever, into the celestial Kingdom. Love you Lexi Lexi poo. Thanks for sleeping on the couch.

Love,
Annie 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts