To Big Mouth Frog.


I met him in the 5th grade.
He was in the story telling festival and he told the big mouth frog story like nobodies business.
We were getting ready for Jr high and he had to go to timberline to take an advanced math test. 
He was now in my 6th grade class and we sometimes would play four square at lunch. 
I remember asking him a couple months later if he got into the math program, but he didn't.
He was the smartest boy I know.

The years went on.
I was a huskie he was a grizzly.
But he danced with Natty at the summer  stake dance and his hair was different. 
He let his bleached tips grow out and now he had an Afro.
He had grown up and I couldn't believe how my quirky little friend could look so different 
Sophomore year we tried to find our place and we still weren't that great of friends, but I'll forever be grateful for Felix's class, and you're beautiful music video to the wuthering heights song. 
Your looks may have changed, but I quickly learned you were still the same old Terik.

Senior year.
You've become one of the greatest friends I've ever had.
I know you'll always be here; but it's going to be so different.
You became so much more than the quirky little boy in my 6th grade class.
Thank you for spending that entire week with me in the summer. 
Amy and I just kept on hanging out and the night you came over after Zupas.. I'll never forget how much I wanted to work with you. 
Thank you for taking me to Homecoming.
It was the funnest dance I've ever been to in my life. 
I'm so lucky I got to go with you.
Thanks for being there, Terik.
You mean more to me than you'll ever understand. 

So please, don't call him selfish. 
He wasn't.
Call this... This act, this moment- depression.
Cause the boy Terik was when he lost his life, was not the quirky boy I met in 6th grade. 
In that moment, he was clinical depression, and there was no way to convince his chemical embalance it would be okay. 
On Wednesday, February 25, 2015, Heaven gained one of the most beautiful Angels I've ever been graced of knowing. 
And I'll forever be grateful for that.
God be with you till we meet again dear Terik. 











Comments

  1. I thought I was all cried out after first period.

    Thank you for writing this wonderful tribute. I never knew him, but now I feel like I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Annie and thanks for sharing who Terik was to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you. thank you. thank you thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Annie. I'm sure he loves this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts