I'll be bold

It was a sad movie about a loyal dog.
I cried until the tears ran dry, but I think I cried for more than what the story told.
I cried because for years the dog waited.
I cried because the dog found his way back.
But I cried because this movie showed me you had good taste in sad movies.
I cried because it had been weeks since I last saw you, and you told me, of all things, not to watch this movie.
But I did.

How can you get over someone that you were never with?

The expansion of my heart when I was near you was enough to make my heart bulge right out of my chest.
But it never came out.
It pushed to the limits until I could barely breath, then slowly it became bareable.
Weeks or months.
That's how long it took for you to come back around.
And that was okay.
Because my heart never settled down.
I thought of witty things to say to you at lunch.
I watched for you in every hall.
I sat by the Spanish room.
I waited.

It's been seven weeks.

I know you told me to not watch the movie.
And you didn't believe me when I told you I had gotten my license.
But when you saw me driving my truck, I was relieved.
Now you know that my vehicle is an original.
I should've given you a ride home.

It's been seven weeks.
Where are you?

...I'll wait.



Comments

  1. I'm not really in the same position you are, so it's really impressive that this post connected with me the way it did. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts