Please remember.

Remind me in the morning about the way my mother laughs.
Remind me to tell her that she is a song for the weary.
Remind me to remember her when I leave. 
Remind me to FaceTime her, and to text her every day.

Remind me of my father and how he always takes care of me.
Remind me of that night in Anders backyard, when dad grinned from ear to ear.
Remind me of his chuckle, and his suddle witty remarks. 
Remind me of his hugs the way I feel secure.

Remind me of being 5 when everyone lived at home.

Remind me of her red room, our favorite color was pink.
Remind me of her wedding, how my hair was done up.
Remind me of the day she became a mom, because that's the day I became an aunt. 

Remind me of sister dates, and being blind folded to drive to the park.
Remind me when she was a teenager, and I was just a kid.
Remind me how her dorm room looked, and how the pool was so dirty. 
Remind me of her Provo house, when there was cat vomit on the carpet, and It actually did look 100 years old.

Remind me of her compassion, and being practically perfect.
Remind me how I'm her mini me.
Remind me that she cares for everyone.
Remind me of San Francisco, remind me if I still owe her money.

Remind me of fat camp.
Remind me how he paid me to get hit with air soft bb's.
Remind me of the time he told me I was beautiful.
Remind me how he hugged me every night.

Remind me of barbies.
Remind me that she never left me alone.
Remind me she played maid, and made me do all her chores.
Remind me of friends, and shaking hands can fix all our problems.
Remind me she's my best friend.
And make sure to remind me I'm going to lose her soon. 

Remind me of Lillie.
Remind me how much I love my little buddy.
Remind me that she's growing up, and childhoods don't last forever. 
Remind me of her favorite movie, and let me know when she's too old for shrek.

Remind me of her sweetness. 
Remind me she cut her own hair.
Remind me that she looks just like her mom.
Remind me how she's devious.
Remind me how she says my name.

Remind me that she takes things very seriously.
Remind me how I first met her.
Remind me when she first wasn't afraid of me.
Remind me how far we've come.
Remind me of her gentle voice, and how ridiculous she says shrek.

Remind me of her stubby legs, and her toothy little grin.
Remind me how she laughs when other people do. 
Remind me how she walks.
Remind me how much she loves food, and will eat off of everyone's plate.
Remind me of her hugs and cuddles.

Remind me of his red hair.
Remind me how easily he laughs.
Remind me of his ticklish spots.
Remind me he's my first nephew.
Remind me of my love. 

Remind me to be brave, tell me I can do hard things.
Remind me that I'm worth it.
Remind me I'm not alone, that there's Angels right beside me.
Remind me of his blue eyes, and the way they sparkle.

Please just remember to remind me.
Because life is moving as fast as a river.
I can't slow the Raging Rapids, but we can steer mom back into the waterfalls.
I'm not sure if I'm ready to grow up and live on my own, but if you remember to remind me all this, I think I'll be okay. 



Comments

Popular Posts