Lasts

Here I am.
I procrastinated my last high school project, till my last school night. 
I printed off one last paper to turn into my last highschool class tomorrow.
I'm staying up way too late to be able to function for tomorrow.. (Err, I mean today,) for school, but it's the last time.
It's the last time I can call my best friend neighbor up and ask her to help me with my procrastination.
This is the last time I'll make a huge mess on my kitchen table working on homework.
And in the morning when my mom sees it, that will be the last time she scolds me for staying up so late doing something I should've done weeks ago. 
This is one of the last nights where I know exactly where I'm going tomorrow.
I had my last seminary class.
Last laurels class.
Last prom.
Last Monday of highschool.
Last lunch period with all my boys.
Last last last.
I don't know how I feel about growing up.
I don't know if I really actually want to pay for housing and tuition and wifi and buy my own printer. 
Maybe all of these could be my second to lasts. 
Super senior?
(We all know that's a joke.)
Although these lasts suck, Maybe I am ready to go to college. 
And even if I'm not.... Sometimes, you only get one shot, and the lasts come around. 
Here's to some firsts.




Comments

Popular Posts