We have 22 days.
Less than a month to get my grades up.
Less than a month to tell him I've liked him since sophomore physics class, 2nd semester. 
Less than a month to make sure my teachers know I appreciated them... At least a little.
Less than a month to look at where I live and call it home. Because soon we'll be off and there's no sure thing.
Less than a month to avoid awkward encounters with my first kiss.
Less than a month with my best friends.
Less than a month being with my bros.
Less than a month in the peak.
Less than a month till our world gets flipped upside down, and sideways, and sliced into 2,000 tiny little pieces, and our brains are cut and divided to remember this friend and this person I met that one time, and cut to forget the girl who called me fat, and the boy who told me I looked like a zit on miss christiansens butt. 
But it's only less than a month away.
And I've waited this long. 
So maybe I shouldn't do any of it.
I've waited THIS LONG.
But it's also less than a month away.
That's real to me.
So I'll do it now.
In less than a month, all this will be done.
And I'll regret everything I didn't do.

Comments

Popular Posts