#truth



I thought about Creative Writing 1. And how even with a Pen name I worried that all the Seniors knew who the Juniors were. And I thought they didn't read my blog cause they knew who I was, and to them I was a nobody. I felt so restricted and that I had some odd expectation I had to uphold. But they had no clue who I was. I had that mask, and I truly hid behind it. No it didn't help me to be more real, it helped me to be fake. And now I think about Creative Writing 2 and someone asked me what my pen name was and I said, I don't have one. It's just Annie Rosdahl. And that's a relief. Cause I don't know how to be anyone else but myself. True, yes, Rosie Grace was someone I created to be me. But she never really was. She was my mask and I became someone else when I was her. She was, try to be like a hipster, try to say things in as many metaphors as you can, spend three hours on one line and it still sounds like crap, because it was never from my heart. It was never my true thoughts. They were bleached and dyed, and trimmed, but then extended, because I tried to keep up with the different trends, but instead my blog got fried. I thought about Creative Writing 1 and I couldn't help but smile that I'm not there anymore. That I'm not hidden anymore. I'm Annie Rosdahl, and I'm glad.
 
 












Comments

  1. hi annie I see you. I like you without a mask. I like annie. You are incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts